Thursday, October 13, 2016

HOME GROWN GUEST DESIGNER #4 - SUE PLUMB

Hi Everyone,

It's the middle of the month again and that means it is time to share with your our 4th Home Grown Guest Designer.  This lady has graced the pages of so many Scrapbooking Memories Magazines she is practically a staple.  I am so lucky to have met her in real life and she is probably more awesome than she appears on social media.  Just kidding....She is so feaking awesome and I am so glad to call her my friend.  Please welcome SUE PLUMB.



"Hi, I'm Sue. I am stay at home mum of 3 (daughter Brielle, 8 and twin sons Hunter & Kaden, 4) and I live in the beautiful Glass House Mountains in Queensland with my partner of 15 years, Shannon.
I have been scrapping for around 8 years now, having started shortly after my daughter was born. I took an extended break after the premature birth of my boys, but I have back in the swing of it ever since. When it comes to scrapping, my style is varied - sometimes clean and neat; sometimes messy. I love colour and I love layers.At the moment I am designing for Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Flutterby Designs; Scrap the Boys and Show Us Your Stuff. Each team gives me an opportunity to create in different styles and use different materials, so it definitely keeps things interesting!I can't imagine what I would do without my creative outlet to keep me sane and the freakin' awesome friends I have made that that go along with it...probably drinking a lot more wine!!
I was thrilled when Krisy asked me to guest design for Scrap the Girls, as I have been a follower and participant (when time allows!) for a long time.When she sent me the challenge, my first reaction was "Purple? Noooo!" as I am not usually a big fan of purple (and that's probably being polite! haha). But after looking at the board and through my stash to see what I could create, my layout actually came together pretty easily in the end, and I am happy with it."

Here is Sue's Layout:

She has done such a fabulous job with the purple and green and hasn't she just nailed the mixed media.
Here are a few close ups:



Thank you Sue for playing along this month.  Make sure you link up you layouts on the blog or post them on the Facebook page.  Or if you like do both.

The Design Team Call will be announced very shortly too.  Make sure you keep an eye out for that, I am looking forward to looking at all your applications.

I will be back towards the end of the month with our forth International Designer.

Krisy xx


1 comment:

Tania B said...

Yay, hi sue, so glad to see you here! Fantastic layout, the colours match the moodboard perfectly!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.